Do you have a wealth of knowledge of working in a Technical department in the food industry?
* Are you passionate about being in a customer facing role and driving food safety?
* Is it your ambition to join an entrepreneurial business where you can shape the future of the business?
If so, we'd love to hear from you as our client based in South London is recruiting a Technical Manager to join their food manufacturing business. Working with a portfolio of customers and managing a team of 2, this is the perfect job if you are wanting to step up in your career to your first role as Technical Manager. The knowledge, the expertise and the support is in place for your career to really flourish but you have to bring with you enthusiasm, passion and determination. Your responsibilities will include:
Key Responsibilities for the Technical Manager:
* Ensure all Food Safety & Quality Management Systems are in place and adhere to Food Safety Legislation, SALSA standards and meet customer technical and quality requirements.
* Review Technical manufacturing standards, guidelines and codes of practice ensuring that the business is always one step ahead with Food Safety & Quality.
* Manage a small technical team whilst championing the importance of all things Food Safety across the wider business.
* Work across the business to ensure all NPD and EPD is in line with customer specifications and within production capability.
* Management of site micro testing schedule, site pest control, HACCAP as well as auditing plan for the business.
The experience and knowledge of you, their future Technical Manager:
* A degree in Food Science / Food Technology or equivalent in experience.
* A proven track record of working in the food industry in a technical department.
* Previous experience of working with multiple raw materials in a complex production facility is vital. We're talking a huge amount of raw materials with great complexity so if you've worked somewhere where production runs are long with limited raw materials, this isn't the role for you I'm afraid.
* A strong background of working in a customer facing role as well as experience in conducting audits.
* You will bring with you a wealth of experience in HACCP and third party accreditations (SALSA and or BRC) and have a strong understanding of Food Legislation.
* Excellent communication skills internally and externally, is vital and you will need to demonstrate this throughout the recruitment process.
* Self-motivated as well as the ability to work to tight time scales is essential.
* And really importantly, a proper foodie who wants to join a good business where your career can thrive.
Job Reference: JR11557
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000 plus benefits
All interviews will be conducted through Teams / Zoom and you will be asked to submit a pre-recorded video interview as part of the process. This is not scary at all so please do not be put off, we will explain all and get you fully prepped!
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Winhurst Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful, but we may keep your details on file for future opportunities.
GDPR: We take Data Protection very seriously at Winhurst Recruitment from both a client and candidate perspective. By submitting your CV to Winhurst Recruitment, you are giving us your personal data which includes full name, address, phone number and email address. We will add these details to our database to assist with your job search. Our full GDPR policy is on our website. This tells you why and how we hold your data, and for how long. https://(url removed)/gdpr
Winhurst Recruitment Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to providing all employees with a working environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation and harassment. We value diversity and actively promote equal opportunities to all so that employees are treated equally, with dignity and respect