Technical Manager is required to join a successful family run business based in Hereford with over 40 years' experience of producing quality produce. As a Technical Manager, you will be responsible for delivering consistent quality, safety and legality expected of all products grown, imported and marketed to the UK retail base.
Salary £22,000 - £30,000 per annum, dependent upon experience.
Main duties of the role will include:
* Being the primary interface for daily technical matters & management, for key retail accounts
* Working alongside the Technical Director and R&D Team
* Proactively foreseeing and addressing issues ahead of time, engaging with relevant stakeholders to successfully achieve this in order to help support the building of trust and confidence within our own business as well as with our retail customers and partner growers
* Supporting the wider Technical Team where required on day to day issues or business projects. Deputising for the Technical Director when required
* Ensuring compliance to all Company and Statutory rules, Policies and Procedures at all time.
To be successful in the role of Technical Manager, you may have previous experience with the following:
* You will have a minimum of 3 years' experience within a fresh produce technical role
* You will have had hands on, direct & regular interaction with retail customers and/or account management responsibility
* You will have people management experience
* Intermediate HACCP or equivalent certification
* Level 2 Food Safety certification
This position is based in Hereford and is easily commutable from Hereford, Worcester, Leominster, Ludlow, Malvern and Ross on Wye
If you are an experienced Technical Manager looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Swift who are operating as an employment business