Why work for us?
At Horizon, we live up to our values, and we value our people. We are proud to be one of the most innovative providers of young people's residential care and education in the UK. Our success means that we are opening new residential homes and schools and making a difference for young people in a variety of new areas as well as continuing to support young people in our established services.
Our staff come from all backgrounds and often have experience and skills gained in a variety of different roles and environments.
For the position, you must;
* Be willing to work towards a QCF level 3 in Health and Social Care with children and young people's workforce
* Must be prepared to work 24-hour shifts (including sleepovers) on a rota basis (24hr shifts comprise of 16 hour day shifts and 8 hours "sleep-ins")
Ideally you should have experience of working in residential care, although other relevant experience will be considered.
In return we offer you good rates of pay and the opportunity to develop your career with a growing organisation. A large proportion of our Senior Support Workers and Registered Managers progressed through the company - and you are actively encouraged to grow your career with us!)
Here are just some of the benefits of working for us:
* Friendly, small passionate teams
* Pleasant, supportive working environments
* Rewarding work helping our young people aged 8-18 reach their potential in their daily lives and through their learning
* Competitive salary including opportunities to earn enhancements and pick up additional hours - currenly £5 per hour uplift on additional hours
* Flexible working patterns
* Highly rated, structured 8 day induction programme including face to face training, online modules, shadow shifts and local induction period
* Career advancement pathways for all roles to help you reach your personal best - whether in our homes, schools or our Key2 transitional services
* Dedicated learning and development programmes including fully funded QCF Level 3 for staff in our homes.
* Face to face therapeutic training and support for all staff
* Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
* Free DBS check and Update Service subscription
* Free eye checks
* Free parking (vast majority are free however odd exceptions)
* Free meals on shift (residential homes only)
* Staff referral scheme with cash rewards - earn up to £500 per referral
* Cashback healthcare plan
* Pension scheme
* Use of pool car during your shifts
Horizon Care and Education Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and has an expectation that all staff share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references an enhanced DBS disclosure which will be met by the employer