Our client, a global healthcare company, are looking for a Supply Chain Production Planner to join their team near Hunts Cross, Liverpool. We are looking for someone to perform the master production scheduling, raw materials oversight and S&OP processes for a range of healthcare products manufactured onsite. You will work as part of team of Supply Chain Associates to establish and implement best practice supply chain processes.
Supply Chain Production Planner Responsibilities:
* Develop, optimise and manage the weekly Master Production Schedule (MPS), meeting global KPI targets around MPS stability, conformance and customer service
* Work alongside Buyers to perform Materials Requirements Planning and Buying, to ensure components and raw materials are procured in line with MPS need dates.
* Ensure global KPI targets are met around supplier delivery, liaise with external vendors to communicate and resolve issues around supplier performance.
* Create detailed weekly Capacity Plans to optimise performance of critical resource/work centres within SAP and Business Objects tools
* Work collaboratively with all operational work centres/customer service to adhere to MPS dates through site processes such as production daily meetings, Capacity planning, Shop floor control, inventory review meetings etc. Hold factory accountable for delivering plans.
* Maintain key SAP Master Data relating to planning parameters: ensuring data sets reflect latest assumptions around performance and are optimising supply chain.
* Manage and effect packaging changes and other product changes within the production planning process (e.g. source changes, new product launches)
* Be accountable for the development of the monthly S&OP Production Plan in SAP: defining assumptions, demand consolidation and analysis, preparing data pack, creating inventory projections, performing "what-ifs". Presenting data in the S&OP forums.
* Liaison with Regional/Global Supply Chain Leaders across the organisation to escalate/resolve supply issues and provide data for Business Planning and Global S&OP processes.
* Determine and manage Strategic Inventory targets, liaising with Regional Supply chain leaders to set strategy across all nodes in supply chain.
* Identify and deliver Supply Chain performance improvements relating to customer service, costing, agility, lead-time reductions and business process efficiency. Contribute to maintaining functional excellence in the Speke Supply Chain team.
The role is a 12 month contract (inside IR35) and based near Hunts Cross, Liverpool.
Supply Chain Production Planner Requirements:
* Production Planning role in a manufacturing environment operating within a multi-node Supply Chain
* A relevant Supply Chain Qualification in Production Planning (i.e. APICS CPIM) and expertise in SAP Manufacturing and Production Planning modules would be preferred
* Strong working knowledge of supply chain business processes; Manufacturing Resource Planning, Materials Management, Shop Floor Control, Master Production Planning, Sales & Operations Planning.
* Experience of production planning and data analysis tools (e.g. SAP, SAP APO, IBP, Business Objects)
* Strong communications skills at all levels of the organisation including an ability to communicate production planning decisions to senior leadership.
* Data Analysis to interpret market demand signals into appropriate production plans
* Demonstrated ability to implement continuous improvement initiatives
* High level of attention to detail and adherence to process disciplines
* Intermediate Microsoft office package user.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at the Planet Forward website