At Salutem, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy, active and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability. The aim of our services is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for adults and young people.
To work with disabled young adults in a residential/day educational setting and in the wider community to participate in delivering outstanding quality care and enabling participation in activities within the college, classroom and in the wider community to develop life skills together within a personalised service.
* To provide high quality personal care and support in accordance with the individual's needs and preferences as stated in their care and support plan. In a manner which demonstrates dignity and respect at all times. This may involve all aspects of intimate personal care you will also be required to undertake delegated health care tasks which include the administration of medication.
* To safeguard the health and wellbeing and safety of our students and to immediately report any concerns in line with Ambito's policies and procedures.
* Enable students to participate in college and community life in order to help students to be included on an equal footing with others. This includes supporting students in educational activities both within teaching sessions in college and in the community and in their free time to undertake their hobbies and interests.
* Promote effective communication in order to: ensure that we understand the needs of our students, families and colleagues including multi-disciplinary working and the organisation so that there are no mistakes in implementing agreed support plans and procedures.
* Support students to deal with changing circumstances in order to make sure that they can enjoy a full and productive life free of fear and in line with their needs wishes and beliefs.
* You may be required to support students that present a challenge and full training will be given.
* Enable students to play a full role in the college and their community through supporting them to maintain their personal levels of hygiene and maximising their comfort and ability.
* Ensure that the environment is safe, secure and clean in order to: make sure that the risk to students, families and colleagues is minimised.
* To abide by and work within the policies, procedures and the codes of conduct applicable to Ambito and Ambito Beaumont College. Work as a member of a team in order to develop good working practice and ensure that the team works well together.
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company