Do you want to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable children?
Have you previously worked with children or young people with special needs?
Can you stay resilient when faced with behaviours that challenge?
We are currently looking for patient, dedicated teaching assistants to join our team in an excellent community special school in the Worthing area. You will be joining a team of passionate, supportive staff who are committed to providing outstanding, positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
The school supports children with a wide range of special educational needs, from moderate to severe learning difficulties, to profound and multiple learning disabilities, and everything in between.
We are looking for someone who believes strongly in providing equal opportunities for all children, no matter their need or level of ability.
The school offers a creative approach and curriculum to support their learners, including sensory and immersive rooms, music interaction sessions, hydrotherapy, Forest School activities, and more.
You will be very well supported by all staff and management, with regular training and development opportunities available. For this role, previous experience within education and/or experience with special educational needs is essential.
At the current moment, we are looking for staff members who can join on a bank staff basis, with full-time availability being preferable. There is always potential to move into a full-time role when positions become available.
Benefits of working for this school:
* Highly supported ongoing training and CPD programmes
* Supportive and approachable management
* Great opportunities to promote creative, meaningful learning opportunities
* The chance to work with a Good, well-resourced school
* No evening or weekend work
* Free parking
Benefits of working with Masterclass:
* A dedicated and experienced consultant that specialises in SEN, that will tailor the service to your needs in order to secure your dream role
* Current, honest career and market advice
* Continuous support throughout your career journey with FREE CPD
* Flexible working hours
* A wide variety of benefits such as store discounts
* Focus on your health and well-being as a priority
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and capabilities:
* Resilience and patience with working with students who exhibit challenging behaviour
* Commitment to ongoing personal development
* Experience working with children
* Knowledge or experience working with any special needs
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to make a real difference to young people with special needs, send over your CV today and we'll be in touch to discuss the role in greater detail.
Do you have any questions before you apply? Get in touch with one of our expert consultants on (phone number removed)
Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that includes and Enhanced DBS check