Have you got a high attention to detail? Fancy a career change?
Citrus-Lime is looking for a person with a high attention to detail, to join the Testing Team as a Software Product Tester. The Testing Team provide excellent levels of quality assurance through the updates and release cycles of Citrus-Lime products and software. The role will involve testing new products and features before they are made live and working to improve the reliability of all Citrus-Lime products.
A career change can be daunting, but our amazing team took the leap, here's what one of a Software Product Testers have to say:
I joined Citrus-Lime having spent the previous 10 years working for a local insurance agency. I was looking for a change and challenge in a company where I could grow my skill set, Citrus-Lime has definitely ticked all the boxes! I started as an Account Manager but swiftly became involved in testing software releases, utilising skills from previous roles to make a real difference to quality of the product. I began with limited technical knowledge but with the support, guidance and training provided by the team, I now have a wealth of knowledge. I keep learning every day and have achieved an ISTQB Foundation Level certification in software testing. Citrus-Lime is a company that's constantly growing and I'm excited to keep contributing to that.
- Understanding the functionality of all products
- Testing of new features and/or services required by the business
- Manually test new and existing webpages/applications
- Producing test specifications to ensure all acceptance criteria are met
- Working closely with developers to ensure all bugs and improvements are caught and acted upon at the earliest opportunity
- Participating in daily stand-up meetings to share updates, and stay up to speed with the latest work
- Writing bug reports and updating issues in JIRA (issue tracking software)
- Production of automated tests
Essential Skills & Qualities:
- A strong curiosity with a problem-solving attitude
- High attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to work to deadlines under pressure
- Ability to be able pick up new systems with ease
- A sound grasp of ICT and enthusiasm to learn
- Previous experience of testing software products
- Knowledge of software development
- Experience working in an agile environment
We are offering a salary of £24,000 - £28,000 per annum depending on experience.
40 hours per week Monday - Friday. Office based at our head office in Cumbria. 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and private company healthcare policy included.
Why work with Citrus-Lime?
Put simply, we are a Cloud-based Software/Tech company operating within the Outdoor and Lifestyle sector. We are changing the markets we serve because we are ambitious and determined to achieve our objectives. This, in turn, has lead us to be a highly profitable and commercially well-run business.
We are a small, high-growth business where necessity has us move quickly, make smart choices and carve a clear niche into which our forward-thinking, commercially relevant products and services are welcomed. The pace at which we progress, we believe, makes us an exciting and engaging business to work for.
Having developed long-standing and meaningful partnerships with all areas of retail, we have become a key contributor to the modernisation and growth within the specialist industries we serve.
We have expanded to a team of more than 50 diverse colleagues and contributors, but growth became rapid in late 2016 when we committed to writing all of our software in-house, resulting in our fully integrated, End-to-End Cloud retail solution.
Looking into the future, having started to recreate our Cycle market successes within new verticals (particularly the Outdoor sector) and beginning to show clear signs of progress outside the UK, our ambitions and expectations have evolved and we are set to grow again.
There is still work to be done within the Cycle industry, but the opportunities are clear within similar verticals where the challenge for business owners to adapt to the needs of the modern consumer are apparent and can be met confidently by our solutions.