Software Engineer C++
Hours: 37 Hours per week pro rata
Salary: Up to 60,000 pro rata (bonus, overtime & good pension)
We're working with a world leading, Bristol based, technical & scientific engineering organisation, with 10000 staff across Europe. They have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer working in C++.
It's an amazing business. They have a customer order book stretching for several years, with healthy profits and balance sheet. They are stable with steady controlled growth and dynamic working for a healthy work life balance.
The position Software Engineer
You'll work on Air Defence Systems. It's a hands-on role, requiring design and development of the Command and Control architecture, and future products.
What are we looking for?
* Background in software development & system wide impact with strong problem-solving skills
* Software is written in C++. Previous experience is important. Knowledge of Ada is useful.
* Ability to work across the software development
* Bring experience of new tools, techniques, and approaches
* It's a collaborative, open approach, working in small development teams
* Strong communication skills are key in this position
* Knowledge of DDS middleware and Real Time Operating Systems would be beneficial
* Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55, DO-178C or IEC61508 and restricted coding standards such as MISRA C++ would be beneficial but not essential.
Benefits of working here
* State of the art technology & innovation
* External learning and development encouraged
* Friendly environment!
* On site Medical Centre
* Parking / Easy Access to train station
* Coffee Shops and onsite shop
* Sports & Social Club
* Wherever possible they blend on-site & remote working
Rules onsite require British Citizenship. Dual nationals can apply for this position, and you will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance.
Due to occasional high volumes of applications, it's difficult to reply to everyone. If we haven't been in touch within a week, then you haven't been successful on this occasion. Thanks for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment