Service Readiness Lead
35 hours, full time
Salary: £34,000 - £43,000
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 145 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
Role Details :
In the role of Service Readiness Lead you will be responsible for leading the Service Design and Transition activity on assigned projects relating to the product vertical and to act as the 'gatekeeper' in the transition of new or changed service into live to minimise risk and project operational services for the Co-operative Bank.
You will be required to interpret business requirements and technical solution design and assess the impact on IT services and support the introduction of changes to IT services which follows established processes and minimises risk of change to service availability/quality.
* Responsibility for performing Service Design & Transition activities for a Portfolio of projects, in line with business demand and growth across the Co-operative Bank
* Supporting Service Transition and Change Managers with activity on assigned projects to ensure that new and changed IT services can be operated, supported and maintained.
* Communicating the Service Transition and Change & Release process to all stakeholders.
* Drive the service aspects of solution design and transition throughout the IT project lifecycle, including warranty.
* Managing the production and governance of Service Transition outputs, including MI, process documentation and communication packs.
* Manage Change Review Boards and ensure changes are fit for presentation at Bank IT CAB.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Effective and efficient team management is essential
* Experienced in engaging relevant stakeholders to provide Service Design and Transition Documentation
* Represent operational stakeholders throughout the agreed project lifecycle, ensuring their acceptance criteria for live is understood.
* Specialist/expert capabilities and knowledge in ITIL practices / processes
* Excellent planning and organisational skills. PRINCE2 qualification and/or Project Management experience is desirable, ability to create plans of key milestones and dependencies
* Sound financial management and commercial skills
* Considerable understanding of the industry, political environment, regulatory and legislative issues
* Experienced in managing the transition of new or changed IT Services into BAU
* Able to assess the potential service impact of emerging developments and technologies and apply them to products and processes
* Understanding of IT approach to testing IT infrastructure and Applications
* Experience in establishing and maintaining interfaces with a wide range of suppliers/partners
* Ability to see the big picture, analyse complex delivery schedules and evaluate ways to meet expectations; including alignment to Business Change Management and the Release Pipeline
* Risk and Impact Analysis - Identify and work with targets, dependencies and constraints
* Understanding the downstream impact of change and release over an extremely complex IT technical estate
What You Can Expect From Us:
* 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
* Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
* 2 paid days for volunteering per year
* Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester.
* Strong career path within Financial Services
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respect
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks