Our Client is a manufacturer of high specification heavy engineering equipment, serving clients nationally and internationally. As they continue to grow, they require an experienced Service Engineer to join theircustomer support organisation.
Reporting to the Service Manager, this role will focus on Customer Service & Support and include installation/commissioning and upgrades of capital equipment at customers' premises, as well as warranty support.
NOTE: The territory to attend will be Global; worldwide travel is essential.
You will be geographically located at their UK Head office as part of a team providing 24/7 technical support to their customer base. You will be required to travel to customers' sites to lead Installation and upgrade projects and to carry out service & inspection work in line with on-going service schedules. While at site, you will be required to co-ordinate installation resources, liaise with the customer to resolve any problems, ensuring a successful conclusion to the relevant installation / project. You will also be responsible for increasing customer service activity ensuring relevant and timely reports are submitted as required
* Experience in the maintenance and operation of slitting & rewinding equipment would be an advantage
* An understanding of basic mechanical and/or electrical engineering principles and previous maintenance or a service engineering background
* Strong background in a field-based customer support role
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work on your own initiative
* Good level of multi-skilling (electrics, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, etc...)
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to a high level in English is essential and other languages would be a great attribute
* You will be a strong influencer with excellent commercial acumen
* Effective stakeholder manager who is able to build and maintain relationships which add value to the business
* Basic experience of working within remote diagnostic, technical support solutions in a customer support environment