Service Desk Manager required by a construction firm based near Ilford, Essex/London borders paying up to £45k + Benefits. Responsible for a 1st & 2nd line Support Team of 4 and an Administrator reporting to the IT Director. In-depth knowledge of Active Directory and Strong knowledge of using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager is required. Previous experience of a Service Desk preferred
The IT Department is 10 strong (ICT Administrator (1), ICT Desktop Support team (4), ICT Systems team (3), and ICT Software Development team which support 500 internal customers; about 200 on-site and the rest on satellite offices.
As the Service Desk Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Service Desk function which provides support for all end-user computing applications and services across all sites. This is a hands-on role and you will also be directly responsible for providing support for existing and emerging ICT services to all employees based at head office and remote sites, including providing technical advice to the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Line management of the Service Desk function
* Hands-on technical troubleshooting and resolution of incidents.
* Allocation of resources and work.
* Documentation of standard operating procedures.
* Be the Technical point of escalation.
* Mentor and train of the Support team.
* Report on Service Desk activity including agreed KPIs.
* Asset Management.
* Facilitate continual service improvement.
* Arrange to attend remote sites when issues cannot be resolved remotely.
* Manage and update all assigned Incident\Service Request records on the Service Management system.
* Audit computer systems ensuring only authorised applications are installed.
* Maintain user and network security on all systems.
* Provide cover for other ICT support staff.
* Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
* Provide out of hours support as and when required including weekend work.
Skills & Attributes Required
* Previous experience in an IT Service Desk management role.
* Strong knowledge of using and supporting Microsoft Windows 10 client operating systems in an enterprise environment.
* Strong knowledge of using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager to manage and publish operating system and client application updates.
* Experience in using and troubleshooting Microsoft 365 apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook) within a network environment.
* Experience in creating and maintaining Microsoft Active Directory user accounts and security groups.
* Experienced at building and maintaining end-user computer systems.
* Experience in using IT Service Management software within an ITIL environment.
* Be user-focused and understand and identify user needs.
* Knowledge of Anti-Virus technologies.
* An understanding of network technologies (LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi).
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work effectively.
* Ability to prioritise personal workload.
* Full UK Driving Licence
They are primarily Microsoft. The server infrastructure consists of VMware servers running various Windows Server virtual machines. You are correct in assuming I have summarised the main technologies in use below:
Avaya (IP phone system)
BMC Remedyforce (Service Management tool)
Google Play for Work
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
Microsoft SQL Server (Database)
PaperCut (Print Management Services)
VMware vSphere (Virtual Server Infrastructure)
VMware Workspace ONE ITIL, Cisco, and Microsoft certifications are preferred.
This is an exciting, brand new role for the client and for the right person, the Company will pay up to £45k + excellent benefits package including healthcare and pension scheme, to name a few.
If you feel you have the right skills, experience, and appetite for the role, please click the apply now function