We are currently looking for a Senior Research Scientist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridge area. As the Senior Research Scientist you will be joining a small R&D team focussing on projects aimed to develop novel therapeutics for the treatment of bacterial infections.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Research Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for microbiology and molecular research projects.
2. As the Senior Research Scientist you will also develop and apply company SOPs.
3. You will be responsible for preparing and presenting data at company meetings.
4. The Senior Research Scientist will also be expected to train junior members of staff where appropriate.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Research Scientist/Lab Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a Life Sciences related discipline plus further laboratory experience.
2. Proven industry experience working in a Cat II laboratory.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience performing molecular and microbiology techniques such as PCR, ELISA and cloning. Knowledge of antibiotic resistance would be beneficial.
Key Words: Scientist / Research / Bacteria / Antibiotics / Life Sciences / Biotech / PCR / ELISA / Molecular / Microbiology / Cat 2 / Category 2.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves