Senior Quality Inspector (BAE Systems) - 6 Month Contract - Barrow-In-Furness - £33.50ph UMB or £26.47ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
SC + ITAR
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct access to ITAR Material. Therefore we can only consider UK Nationals for this position. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
A Competent Engineer with responsibilities to undertake Inspections of product during build in accordance with the relevant Inspection and Test plans. Will cross skill within the quality department as required.
- To carry out routine work with limited supervision and complex tasks under direct supervision in their related area.
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules and control measures.
- Liaise/Interface with appropriate areas both Internally & Externally to ensure work schedule and results are communicated to the appropriate areas.
- Understanding and interpretation of measurement equipment tolerances and highlighting any non-conformances for inspections undertaken.
- Add value to QA Standard Documentation & Processes by being part of the review team.
- Report results of Inspections using agreed process & Standards.
- Use of Company Computer Systems Software as appropriate.
- CSWIP 3.1 Inspector Qualified. (welding)
- Experience in structural inspections.
- Ability to use and develop technology applicable to the discipline.
- O.N.C. or equivalent in related discipline.
- Skilled in the use of standard Microsoft packages
- Temporary Contract
- Location: BAE Systems - Barrow
- Please be advised - Various Shifts & 7 day working arrangements may apply.
Nightshift / Backshift or any other shift pattern that the business requires.
- Computer or DSE Work,
- Drug & Alcohol Test,
- Inside IR35