My client are looking for a Senior Java Developer with strong web experience to join their team on a permanent basis.
The Senior Java Developer will be responsible for leading a small team as well as sprint planning and development of the organisations website.
This role can be based remotely with 1-2 days a month in the office for meetings
Role & Responsibilities:
Working closely with various stakeholders you will make recommendations & facilitate the continuous improvement of the organisations agile development methodology inline with software development best practices (e.g. Scrum/Kanban/Continuous Integration).
To share knowledge & expertise with other developers at all levels through team meetings, show 'n' tells and documentation.
To undertake regular code reviews to ensure its efficiency, accuracy and adherence to best practice.
Skills and experience needed:
* Experience working as a Senior Developer with the ability to lead and manage teams
* Strong background in Java development, object-oriented design and design patterns
* Java ecosystem and associated build tools (e.g. IntelliJ)
* Portlet based CMS solutions - Liferay preferred
* Industry standard RDBMS such as Oracle, MySQL
* Integration solutions - using and developing APIs (e.g. SOAP, REST)
* Ability to take ownership of both the software solution delivery and continuous improvement activities within the scope of their technical specialism
* Experience of designing and delivering systems and integrations with awareness of high availability and high volume requirements
* Proven experience in the application of Agile development practices and running Agile teams
* Experience of translating business requirements into technical specifications and buildable solutions
* Experience of working effectively within the context of a well understood architecture
* Experience of performing code reviews
* Capable problem solver with experience of identifying and taking action to remedy defects or weaknesses (including security) in code and system designs