Are you a qualified and experienced senior children's residential support worker who is looking for an exciting new challenge? Do you enjoy working in a therapeutic environment? We are currently seeking a senior support worker . An hourly rate of £9.25-£9.75 per hour is being offered, depending on experience and a qualification, sleeping in is paid at an hourly rate and overtime is offered
The roles are at a residential home that is in 5 acres of ground in a beautiful location in South Staffordshire and is within a commutable distance from Dudley, Wolverhampton, Cannock, Stourbridge, Telford and Shrewsbury. You would be part of a highly skilled provision that is led by a clinical psychologist and a very experienced registered manager. The home offers therapeutic care and support to children and young people aged 8-18, you will be expected to be involved in a variety of therapeutic activities and support the delivery and psychologically informed interventions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for
* Supporting, engaging and educating in day-to-day activities which are based around developing the children's and young people's emotional and social needs.
* Leading and supporting a team of residential support workers, offering advice, guidance and support
* Delivering a developmental psychological approach
* To work within a range of therapeutic models, directed by the Clinical Director (Consultant Clinical Psychologist), to promote positive attachments and help children regulate their extreme emotional expression and also help develop their resilience and self-esteem
* Reporting and recording key aspects of care and developing your professional skills of child development, trauma informed care, and psychological interventions
* Be supported in understanding how to manage complex behaviour that can be challenging and understand the psychological principles underlying behaviour
For this exciting but challenging role the ideal candidate must
* Hold an equivalent qualification to the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care
* Have experience of working as a senior support worker in a children's residential home and have the capacity to be able to lead and support a team of residential support workers
* Be enthusiastic, committed and motivated to make a difference in raising the standards of care
* An interest in psychology and a desire to learn and implement psychologically informed care (Psychology degree)
* Ability to provide consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide
* Able to work independently and as part of a team
If you feel you are the ideal person for this role and are committed to making a difference to the lives of children and young people please forward your CV to myself.
I have 16 years' experience of recruiting quality candidates, building long-standing relationships with clients and candidates. I have extensive knowledge of the clients I work with and an understanding of the young people they support to ensure the right candidate match for the service. If this role does not sound quite right for you but you have experience of working with children and young people in residential care please get in touch to see how I may be able to support you.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing