SEND Teacher - ASD
Job type: Contract, Full time
£140 - £180, per day
Are you a resourceful SEND Teacher who is looking for their next challenge?
About the school:
The School aims to support children and young people to develop a wide range of skills, such as communication, social and independence skills in an environment that offers warmth, security, consistency and understanding.
The children and young people are supported to do this by a range of highly skilled staff who help to ensure that all children and young people will experience a broad range of different opportunities and enjoy their childhood.
The school aims to develop successful, confident and responsible children and young people and combines individualised learning programmes and strategic frameworks and agendas in order to address the complex needs of the students.
The curriculum pays due regard to elements of numerous nationally recognised learning schemes including Equals, ASDAN and AQA, Foundation Learning and The National Curriculum across the range of learning from P level to the National Curriculum.This school provides education for students aged 11-19 with additional SEN needs such as; Autism, Sever and Complex Learning Difficulties and those who display challenging behaviours. Class sizes are small, no more than 8 to 10 students in each class and as class teacher you will be supported by experienced Teaching Assistants. You will be responsible for assessment and planning appropriate lessons that encourage students to participate in class. The right candidate will adopt a nurturing approach and will be comfortable liaising with parents, carers and other education professionals.
About the role;
We are currently recruiting full time Teachers to join the team in this lovely School.
The role would be 5 days a week with a view to permanent opportunities for the right person. The role is to commence ASAP and will be an ongoing position, candidates with an Enhanced DBS on the update service are encouraged to apply.
What we need from you;
* Experience of supporting students with SEND needs
* The ability to deliver a range of lessons from the national curriculum
* A Teaching Qualification with QTS
* Sense of humour and fun, professionalism and a good sickness record
* Strong behaviour management skills - good use of de-escalation strategies
* Team Teach Qualification - desired
* An enhanced DBS on the update service or a willingly to obtain one through ourselves
Ultimately the reward is that working in the SEND environment gives you a sense of hard-won achievement and progress.
What we can offer you;
* Competitive rates of pay
* CPD Training including; SEN Awareness & Team Teach
* Pension Scheme
* Interview preparation and CV support
We are currently working on a number of vacancies, so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give us a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
* All applicant are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas police check (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy.
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained.
* You must have a legal right to work in the UK
* You must be willing to have a video interview and complete the online screening process
Remedy Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these