Protocol Education are working with well established SEND School based in Peckham, who are seeking learning support assistants to work with pupils across the Secondary phase. This position is to start immediately for the rest of the academic year.
They are a special school committed to support children with a diagnosis of autistic spectrum disorders and social communication difficulties. They pride themselves of being an all inclusive school and they have support from outside services like from speech and language therapists and occupational therapists. They believe that each pupil needs to be listened to, and each child is unique; they have a tailored teaching approach and with the small class sizes they achieve this in many different ways.
The school is easily accessible for anyone on public transport as it is situated between Peckham and Kennington Station, however does have parking on site for those who drive.
• 5 days a week, term time only
• Based in the Borough of Southwark; specifically in Peckham
• Working on a long term role starting immediately
You must have:
• Experience of working with PECs or Makaton
• At least 1 year of working with autism and challenging behaviour
• Experience of supporting pupils of a Primary aged
• At least one qualification in education
In return you will receive:
• A competitive pay package
• A personal consultant who will stay in touch throughout your placement
• CPD (continual professional development)
This is a fantastic opportunity if you want to work with a very well known establishment who can offer you a variety of experience.
The Head Teacher is looking to interview candidates immediately so please send your most current CV to (url removed)
Maybe this role isn't for you? If so, give us a call or drop me an email as we have a number of different SEND roles available in the local area