My Client School
are looking for a dedicated, passionate and committed Child Care Worker to join our residential team. This post involves working with boys aged 10 -16 years who have social, emotional and mental health needs.
Staff need to be able to work as part of a team as well as use their own initiative in this fast paced and fun environment. The residential team work closely with the school and aim to provide a balanced 24 hour curriculum to meet individual and group needs. Staff must be caring, nurturing and fair to enable the students to develop positive and trusting relationships. A good sense of humor is essential.
There is a strong emphasis on activities to learn new skills and to help develop confidence and self-regulation. Staff are encouraged and expected to take part by being enthusiastic and willing to support those that are struggling.
32.75 hours per week based on a shift rota, involving day & evening shifts. Evening shifts include: Monday to Thursday 2.30pm to 10.45pm. Day shifts are: Monday to Friday 7.30am to 3.30pm and sleeping in duties also apply to this post of which the NJC Sleeping-in Duty payment is payable. No weekend shifts or school holiday shifts are required.
The primary role of a Residential Child Care Officer is to support the students from the point of leaving school, during the evening and until the following morning when they go back off to school.
Once students arrive from school staff support them by making healthy snacks, agreeing activities, talking about their day and encouraging the students to have a shower and get changed.
Staff encourage students to choose at least one physical activity which staff will support and get involved with. We then eat together at dinner time before going off for our second activity such as playing in the park, visiting the beach, playing on skateboards, playing board games, having a quiz or going to bowling / cinema / golf etc. Later in the evening we help with school work, watch TV or a film before the students are supported to go to bed after a story or chat before staff complete evening reports. In the morning staff wake the students to get ready and go off to breakfast ready for their school day.
Staff are expected to attend residential holidays when needed and undertake driving duties as required.
In addition residential staff write and agree placement plans, risk assessments, activity rotas and review reports when required. During the school day staff support in the school for on call duties, activity events and training.
Throughout, staff participate in the general supervision of students, ensure that students adhere to acceptable standards of behaviour, give sensitive and effective care in a safe and supportive environment so that students enjoy a calm and relaxed group living experience.
Candidates must have:
· Proven experience of / or a passion for learning, working with/caring for children and young people with SEMH.
· Ability to use MS Word and Excel and email or willingness to learn.
· NVQ Level 3 in Child/Young Persons Care, or equivalent, is strongly desirable.
· Driving licence qualifications to drive a D1 mini bus is desirable
· With a current car driving license along with flexibility and willingness to use own car to transport students.
· The ability to work as part of a highly effective team.
· Enthusiastic, reliable and committed. Possess energy, vigor, perseverance, and empathy.
· Ability to manage confidential data in a professional and sensitive way with an understanding of the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
· Adaptable and flexible to changing circumstances.
· Ability to learn school policies and procedures.
· Understand and implement the school's behaviour management policy.
· Understand the importance of physical and emotional wellbeing.
· Demonstrate a clear commitment to develop and learn in the role.
We can offer you:
· A well established and friendly team that work together for the benefit of the young people.
· A residential academy that is fully committed to nurturing the potential in all of our students
· A dedicated and supportive team
· Excellent CPD opportunities and regular training
· Access to Health Care services
· Staff Wellbeing group.
· A responsive and involved leadership team
Please send your CV or for further information please can get in touch with Callum on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services