Singh & Jones have been retained by a well known Facade Contractor who are leading the way in innovative and state of the art facade projects across the UK. My client is a Tier 1 Facade Contractor, who have a core focus on delivering the full envelope, which includes high end unitised, curtain wall and rainscreen cladding projects. A business which has a rich history, turnover in excess of £75m a year, and employ over 300 technical facade specialists on commercial, manufacturing, and operational levels.
Due to strategic client wins and strong order book, my client is looking to bolster their commercial team, by adding an experienced Facade Quantity Surveyor. The position will be based centrally across London and the Home Counties.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Director, the duties will include,
* To understand the contractual requirements of the project and administer accordingly
* Preparation, negotiation and issuing of Applications for Payment, Contractual Notices, Variations and Loss & Expense claims with the client team
* Manage the collation of project records
* Agreement of Final Account with the Client
* Lead and drive procurement process, including preparing and presenting the Project procurement plan, proactively chasing design information required and coordinating with other team members throughout the process.
* Manage and prepare supplier package enquiries & tenders, carry out analysis of returns, carry out proposals, do deals and placement of orders
* Materials tracking from point of design release to delivery to site including maintenance of accurate trackers throughout
* Administer all supplier contracts as per agreed Terms, protect the Company at all times
* Agree supplier applications for payments, variations, any claims and final accounts
* Contribute to supplier KPI reviews
* Provide accurate monthly Project Financial Reports, including CVR, Risk and Opportunities register, Cashflow and calculating and forecasting ISV
* Assisting the Pre-Construction department with feedback, early project involvement and so on
The ideal candidate will come from a construction background, either from a facade sub contractor, or from a main contractor. It is imperative that the right candidate has experience of delivering Facade projects either from a sub contract of main contract point of view. The position has exceptional progression opportunities, as the role will develop into a commercial lead/MQS role. In addition to this, the role requires the candidate to be either academically qualified or qualified by experience, as well as having facade package experience, which is fundamental