Quantity Surveyor- Client Side
30% bonus (£18k-21k)
£6k car allowance
Private health insurance
Midlands / South - Home based with occasional head Office vists
* This role is with a client who has a significant UK physical estate (c 100 locations) which is highly varied in use and format.
* The role and is responsible for a portfolio of projects from initiation to delivery. The scale and scope of projects in the portfolio will grow significantly in a relatively short space of time.
* Managing a portfolio of Construction and Site Infrastructure projects, including project planning and design, setting a clear project goal and objective, establishing activities and detail budget, preparing project schedule; project implementation; project control; project closing and handover.
* The company is a UK and European market leader with huge growth plans and with the spread, scale and capability of their physical estate being a big strategic advantage in winning and retaining business from their customers.
* The role is home based with a blend of working from home and project sites and approx 1 day per fortnight in a head office located nr Milton Keynes.
Key Experience Required
* Construction/ property related degree or equivalent experience
* Relevant professional qualification in discipline covering building and construction
* Between 3 and 6 years post qualification experience in a managing a portfolio of development projects from initiation to delivery
* Significant experience of the development process including building contracts, design and technical standards
* Experience of contract management, project management and change control
* Planning of construction project and preparing a schedule
* Defining the projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure
* Overseeing total construction efforts to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule
* Conducting cost-benefit analysis, risk analysis, and also determining project feasibilities
* Management of project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success
* Preparation of tender documents, control budgets, estimates, progress and monthly reports
* Coordination, direction and negotiation of contracts including a scope of work review
* Familiarising the project team with the terms of the project contract and proposal
* Tracking of all project costs to ensure completion within budget
* Close monitoring of the efforts and billing of third-party workers, such as consultants, contractors, etc.
* Identifying and resolving conflicts and creation of contingency plans to mitigate risk
* Reviewing and commenting on layouts and drawings along with consultants; Management of contractor site meetings
* Processing drawings and specifications ensuring the building is built in accordance with these documents
* Processing changes received from the Professional Team or End User
* Verifying the accuracy of change orders and ensures change orders are approved
To apply for this role, please apply including:
* Current renumeration package details
* Notice period