We are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor with a background within Dry Lining, Plastering & Suspended Ceilings to join their expanding team due to growth within the company, based In South Yorkshire.
Our client is a Fit Out contractor and has grown at a rapid pace over the past few years, building a great reputation and forging strong client relationships, based on their reliability and professional service as well as quality. They specialise in Dry Lining, Plastering & Suspended Ceilings and have a strong pipeline of work.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will report directly to the Directors, who will outline each site to you. You will be responsible for:
* Carrying out accurate build cost assessments of projects won; maintain budget control throughout development; and manage cost overruns within tolerance levels.
* Accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development.
* Analysing and reporting on costs and cash flow vs budget
* Undertaking accurate viability/feasibility studies to support decision-making in site acquisition and development.
* Preparing tenders and procure sub-contractors, goods and materials
* Evaluating and agreeing variations and instructions.
* Liaising with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity.
* Using a payments system for the payment of sub-contractors and the supply of goods and materials in line with Group policy and procedures.
* Promoting and acting in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Ideally a degree/HNC qualification (or equivalent) and have experience of the Fit Out sector.
* Full driving licence, as travel may be required in the region.
* Excellent computer skills
* Good communication skills
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor with a proven track record of working on multiple projects within the Fit Out/Dry Lining sector.
Salary on offer is £40k - £50k + package (package includes car allowance as well as generous holidays).