Project Manager, Manchester, 9-month FTC, £40,000 - £50,000 pa
A established Charity are currently seeking an IT Project Manager to take responsibility for the end to end delivery of several IT Projects. The portfolio includes ISO(phone number removed) and IT Security projects hence experience in these areas is essential.
The job purpose:
You will contribute to the achievement of business strategies and plans through the effective planning, implementation and closure of business projects. You will also use a range of leadership and influencing skills to build an effective project management.
* Maintaining proactive involvement in the development of strategic business plans, working with managers at all levels to identify current and potential business initiatives.
* Working in partnership with managers to translate high levels visions and strategic intentions into workable, rigorous business cases and implementation plans.
* Engaging with senior managers in the business, applying and adapting best practice tools to plan specific projects and budgets.
* Constructing, maintaining and reporting on project risks, issues and changes, co-ordinating agreed responses in accordance with project management best practice.
* Supporting Business Unit managers with the practical implementation of new services and the closure of existing services.
* Assisting Business Unit managers in overseeing new service implementations until the service is up and running, managing any handover arrangements with operational managers.
* Assist in delivering agreed financial targets and sustainability by creating, implementing and managing implementation and closure plans and budgets that reflect corporate and Sector business and financial plans.
* Ensure the effective flow of information within the team, between the team and management and with external parties, representing corporate messages constructively and observing internal communication policies and procedures.
* Carry out day to day tasks in accordance with stated policies, procedures and regulations to assist compliance with regulatory, risk and health & safety requirements.
* Good knowledge of ISO27000, ISO27001 or ISO27002 (essential).
* Previous experience in working on IT Security projects (essential).
* Ability to identify, build and preserve critical senior level relationships during and after successful delivery of project outcomes.
* Ability to take vague and abstract concepts and principles and turn them into structured approached to enable delivery.
* Strong project stakeholder mapping and management skills.
* Knowledge of Project management techniques including project scoping, costing, risk management, closure and post implementation reviews
* Direct experience of an aptitude for coaching and mentoring others in project management skills and disciplines
This is an urgent role so please forward your cv without delay