Sue Ross Recruitment are working with a specialist medical manufacturing company who are at the cutting edge of technology and pioneering in their specialist area. Due to internal promotion, they seek a skilled Project Engineer.
Working in the New Product Development division, the role will involve developing new implants and surgical instruments for the orthopaedic industry. The company is currently growing very fast with new high tech projects required for the medical device market; providing the right individual the chance for progression and learning.
Areas of responsibility:
* Support manufacturing with issues during manufacture - being able to respond quickly and think on your feet.
* Liaise with the clinical centres including surgeons to understand the specific need and provide feedback with the design. Good communication skills and confidence required to do this.
* Provide designs using sound engineering knowledge including mechanisms, materials, tolerancing, mechanics.
* A hands-on and enthusiastic approach to their work
* Developing test plans and creating technical files for submission to Regulatory bodies
* Working with multi-disciplinary teams and understanding the requirement of all to ensure the best outcome
* Occasional travel both within the UK and abroad
* To be able to work autonomously delivering projects and designs with the ability to manage all aspects including internal and external liaison.
HND or degree qualified in an engineering discipline
Well versed in the core principles of mechanical engineering, processes and materials
Minimum 4-years' experience within an engineering business and preferred knowledge of medical device design.
Demonstrate that they have experience for all aspects of a project and able to work independently.
Regular user of Solidworks producing models, assemblies and drawings. Ideally knowledge of simulation and FEA
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment