My client is a leading modular housing construction business looking to recruit a number of manufacturing team leaders to join the business on a permanent basis due to continued growth.
You will be responsible for delivering the targeted production output in their area while ensuring the highest levels of H&S, team wellbeing and productivity.
Leading the team, area & processes through significant growth and improvement.
1. Leading a team of circa 20 people
2. Maintains high levels of H&S and 6-S
3. Ensures that all production targets are understood, communicated, and delivered
4. Onboards and develops a highly effective and engaged manufacturing team
5. Ensures all team members in their area are well trained and have the skills required
6. As part of the wider team ensures their area operates in flow with the wider factory
7. Fosters a team environment for effective problem-solving & root-cause improvements
8. Manages and co-ordinates support from the wider team
9. Has input into factory and station design
10. Chairs and contributes in great meetings (with data and key facts as required)
Team Safety: Keeping every individual safe at all times - Creating an environment where zero harm becomes inevitable.
* Responsible for accidents, incidents and near misses in their area
* Maintains health, safety & environment (HSE) policies and procedures, ensuring that HSE is at the heart of the business culture and that your actions and behaviours in fulfilling your role lead to zero harm and a safe working environment.
* Maintains adherence and compliance with company standard work processes/practices and requirements. Positively promote/engage the team to encourage a behavioural safety culture driving down incidents & accidents.
* Leads the team to identify and eliminate safety hazards, raising and reporting near misses, dangerous occurrence and accidents, support and conduct accident investigation in a timely manner.
* Leads behavioural safety via team engagement & effective resolution of observations
* Ensures all team members are fully supported with current and up to date risk assessments and methods statements.
Knowledge, and Experience
Minimum 5 years managing a team of between 20-50 people in a professional manufacturing environment
IOSH Managing Safely (or equivalent)
Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills in demanding environments.
Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including ISO14001 and responsibilities
Able to lead and manage & engage/motivate a diverse team of people.
NVQ Level 2 equivalent in manufacturing/construction related
subject or equivalent working experience
Ability to respond positively to change.
An understanding of relevant ERP systems / transactions
Ability to solve problems, analyse data and
Understanding of production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work
Naturally strives for continuous improvement and waste reduction in a controlled way.
Self-motivated with a proven ability to work unsupervised.
Flexibility: prepared to work anywhere within the business as requested i.e. other shifts and other departments.
Excellent IT skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading business