Are you driven by making a real difference? Are you people focused to improve performance? This could be your next opportunity to really support a well know brand and create a great environment!
As production manager you will be a key member of the manufacturing management team at our Aylesford facility, overseeing and orchestrating the Metal Fabrication, Assembly and Paint/Finishing Production Processes in a high volume, fast track "make to order" environment.
You will be responsible for leading the production teams through development and engagement and ensuring safe working practices to achieve targets within cost, quality and time constraints.
Main Responsibilities will include:
* To monitor live demand and forecasting to provide a rolling manufacturing plan to ensure manufactured goods are delivered to promise.
* To own, oversee and communicate the live manufacturing schedule to the production team.
* Provide KPI's to allow accurate tracking of Operations performance.
* Promote and exhibit a strong commitment to Health, Safety and welfare of the employees by the use of agreed safe systems of work, suitable equipment and elimination of risks.
* Be a key stakeholder in operational efficiency projects supporting the financial and operational development of the business. (Lean)
* To empower, engage, manage, organise and develop the department Team Leaders
* Drive the recruitment, development and assessment of production resource.
Experience and Qualifications
Minimum of 5 years experience within a manufacturing/assembly environment
Clear working knowledge of production planning methods and tools
Proven knowledge and experience using CIP, Lean Management/5s Principles
Extensive management experience
Strong people management skills
Understanding of change management and the drivers behind this.
Familiarity with modern ERP systems including visual planning