We are Magnet Expert, we're regarded as a leader in the manufacture, design and distribution of rare earth permanent magnets and magnetic solutions - we're literally leading the field. Our brand is now an international operation across the United Kingdom and Europe, and most recently the United States.
The Product Development Manager role is a new role to the business that will support us with the research and development of new, forward thinking product innovations. This is a research-based role that will look to increase commercial opportunities through market research and analysis allowing our design engineer to innovate and design a forward-thinking product with support from the Product Development Manager.
The successful candidate will join our new product development team on this exciting journey, being responsible for the research and development of new innovative products into the business, using their own creative flair to support with concept creation and pushing the boundaries of innovation whilst working closely with senior stakeholders to provide new solutions for our many residential and business customers.
As our Product Development Manager, your main responsibilities will be;
* To identify new product development opportunities conducting the relevant market research and analysis.
* To challenge and make recommendations for continuous product and process development.
* To ensure new products are innovative and push the business and its product offering forward
* To complete new production proposals alongside the Product Development Engineer bringing them to life and into a production-able product
* Working closely with our Production team and suppliers to ensure the manufacture of high-quality products.
* Maintain an appropriate knowledge of current technical developments, industry trends and legislation.
Our Ideal Person will have;
* An engineering degree or experience in product development.
* Experience in establishing and building a product development team that pushes the possibilities further.
* Experience in project planning, execution, and control
* Demonstrable experience of understanding customer requirements, developing ideas and turning them into concepts and finessing them into commercial products released to market.
* Highly proficient at using a modern CAD system, ideally Solidworks, with the ability to produce 2D and 3D technical drawings.
* The ability to take ownership of projects assigned to them
* A creative engineering flair
The successful candidate will join us and become engrained into our awesome company culture from the offset. With a comprehensive onboarding package featuring departmental and cross-departmental training, regular check-in reviews alongside product training with our experienced team members you are guaranteed to get off to a flying start.
You'll have access to our range of benefits including our employee referral scheme, community fund package as well as our office snacks (mainly healthy but does include cake) and access to our Hybrid Working allowing you to split your time between the office and working remotely.
Better yet, you'll start off with 33 days of annual leave and the longer you stay with us the more time off you'll accrue whilst also gaining access to our family-friendly package, time will certainly fly when you join us on our company socials and charity events. Don't forget to join us at our annual music festival Ellis Mather presents Newark Festival