Wolviston Management Services Ltd have an exciting new opportunity for a Procurement Officer.
You will join an independent bulk liquid storage provider for crude, petroleum, chemical, bitumen, liquefied gas, and biofuel products. Our client's priority is to ensure the safe operation of its facilities, delivering continuous product availability and providing the highest level of customer service.
Initially homebased with a potential return to the North Tees office and dependent on project requirement travel across North East sites and occasional London site will be required.
* Manage procurement activities and ensure they are carried out in a timely manner
* Ensure all Purchase Orders/Contracts are compliant to client's standards and secured the best value for the business
* Tendering and cost reduction strategies along with providing proactive, responsive procurement advice and services on tenders
* Participating in annual spend analysis, leading procurement of critical and high value packages
* Identifying and delivering innovation in the supply chain
* Providing regular reporting to both the project team and group procurement
* Highly motivated and can work with no supervision
* Demonstrates perseverance, patience and commitment for long term success
* Good organisation/time management
* Enjoys challenges and problem solving
* The ability to work well under pressure
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Highly organised and methodical
* Strong project management experience within procurement / supply chain / manufacturing
* Exceptional interpersonal skills to optimise cross-functional
* Meticulous planning skills
* Accurate management of budgets and costs
* Knowledge of bid evaluation using whole life cycle cost model
* Strong commercial acumen
* Excellent stakeholder management skills, representing / interacting across all levels of the business
* Understand storage and process industry exp in cost, risk gap analysis and drive down cost
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive salary and benefits package and continuous personal development within a leading organisation.
If you feel you have the relevant qualifications and experience and are looking for a new challenge, please apply