We are seeking an individual with commercial, mineral marketing, strategy, or management consulting experience and an entrepreneurial spirit to help grow our consulting practice. The Principal Consultant will be a senior member of the metals and mining consulting team covering the Europe, Middle East, Africa, Russia, and Caspian (EMEARC) region, which is responsible for delivering an expanding range of consulting services. You will take a leading role in our project teams delivering this wide variety of consulting projects to clients.
As a key member of our EMEARC team, you will be responsible for project managing commercially-driven consultancy projects and for helping us enhance and deepen our advisory relationship with clients. The position requires the ability to apply detailed knowledge of and experience in the extractive industries to a broad range of client situations, including the implications and opportunities inherent in the transition to greener industries, and to develop strategic insight from an array of analyses.
While the role is as part of the EMEARC team, you will be involved in a range of consulting projects spanning the globe. The successful candidate will therefore be expected to travel on a project-specific basis. Clients will include major mining & metals companies, junior mining companies, private equity firms, financial institutions, infrastructure operators, investors, governments and others.
* Project planning - define course of action to accomplish goal of assignment
* Maintain close communication with clients to keep them informed of progress an ensure projects bring impactful insights that add strategic value.
* Organise proper resources for projects, manage project implementation, and ensure high-quality delivery within the budget.
* Oversee the work of other members of the team.
* Identify follow-up and resale opportunities.
* Follow consulting procedures and methodologies
* Develop relationships with consulting clients to foster repeat business.
* Discuss consulting needs with clients, prepare and present proposals to clients.
* Collaborate with the team to scope opportunities and to estimate fees for quotation.
* Participate in industry events to network with potential clients, where appropriate.
* Coach and mentor other consultants, taking personal responsibility for their development.
* Support the regional Head of Metals & Mining Consulting in expanding the consulting practice.
* Assist with the development of new consulting offerings, to provide better insights and solutions to our clients.
* Lead project reviews to foster continuous improvement (team, team members, etc.).
Analysis and Commercial/Strategic Intelligence:
* Identify, obtain, sort and organise sources of information, both from the public domain and internal databases.
* Validate, analyse and critically assess sources of information.
* Select an appropriate analytical tool(s) for each assignment.
* Utilise Wood Mackenzie products to extract information and data useful for the consulting engagement, when applicable.
* Take ownership of and responsibility for analysis undertaken
Communication and approach:
* Keep abreast of developments across the metals and mining space, to identify business development opportunities and to provide insightful results to clients
* Collaborate closely with project team members, consultants from other projects / regions / sectors, research and sales teams, etc.
* Offer solutions to problems and challenges the status quo.