Role: Architectural Assistant
Salary: £26k- £35k per annum DOE
The role: As an Architect Assistant you will be involved in alternations to existing structures and advise on restoration and conservation. You will be working in-house with a construction and development team.
Duties include but not limited to:
* Discuss ideas, objectives, requirements and budgets of projects
* Consult with the construction and design team
* Assess the needs of the buildings and its users
* Advise clients
* Prepare and present feasibility reports and design proposals
* Keep within financial budgets
* Produce detailed drawings and specifications
* Prepare tender applications
* Negotiate with contractors
* Control a project from start to finish
* Resolve problems and issue that arise during construction
The successful candidate::
* Preferred 2 years' experience post qualification through all stages of design. This includes planning applications, design and access statements, Building Control applications, site layout plans and technical drawings for construction.
* Must demonstrate knowledge of construction and detailing.
* Excellent technical detailing ability is required to supply construction details, work with the team on specifications and material detailing
* Preferred knowledge of Building Regulations and possess the ability to implement through good design at all stages of the drawing process.
* Demonstrated ability to work with external consultants such as structural engineers and suppliers
* Be familiar with all RIBA work stages.
* Be proficient in AutoCAD 2D
* Preferred skills in Revit, Sketchup and Adobe Creative suites
* Thrive within a fast-paced dynamic environment and manage priorities across multiple projects
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer