Mobile Light Commercial Mechanic Field Service Roles & Responsibilities
* Working hours are 7.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday less 30 minutes breaks unpaid per day and you will be paid from door to door. Overtime at time & a half is paid for all hours worked over and above 9 hours per day and Saturdays.
* Your main job role function will be to carry out services and light maintenance on our light commercial vehicles on our sites around the south midlands area.
* Candidates must hold the NVQ or City In Guilds in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair and Will also ideally have a clean driver's licence.
* Must be experienced in working on light commercial vans and on such models as Ford - Peugeot. Must be able to use diagnostic kits and familiar with AdBlue systems.
* Must have experience with carrying out welding and using oxygen & acetylene.
* Carry out planned and preventative maintenance on all vehicles
* Liaise daily with the van service controller for all breakdowns/planned maintenance
* Report any damage/misuse of any company vehicles to the van service controllers (photos to be obtained for internal use) Must be competent in using a tablet for recording of work and services.
* Input information on services/breakdowns/daily onto tablet ensuring all returns and worksheets are up to date
* Accurately monitor all stock levels on service van.
* Adhere to Company H & S Policy and site safety awareness training at all times.
* Make sure suitable PPE is worn during all work tasks both on site and in the yard as per the controls in the risk assessments.
* Raise any concerns of H&S to the attention of the vehicle service controller.
* Service vehicle and fuel card included and specialist tools but general hand tools must be supplied by engineer.
* 28 Days holiday per annum which includes statutory bank holidays
* Company pension scheme
* Salary between 28k & 31k per annum dependant on experience and qualifications