WP3 - Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
WP3 offers a unique and exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated mechanical engineer to join our team and advance their career.
At WP3 we provide client and quality focused building services advice, solutions and engineering. We take a wholistic approach, able to service projects from a feasibility/concept phase right through to delivery, completion and post-occupancy support.
Being a young company with a fresh and distinctly different approach, you can get in at the 'ground floor' to both witness and benefit from our rapid growth.
We're looking for an intermediate engineer to join our team with the possibility of advancing into a senior role within a short period of time. Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in mechanical engineering, with a well-rounded knowledge of other building services and disciplines.
The breadth of services provided by WP3 will require the candidate to have an understanding of:
* Building services design, from concept & feasibility through to detailed coordination
* Sustainable design, technologies and practices
* Commissioning activities and best practice
* Technical services onsite delivery and management
* Contractor monitoring and quality assurance
* Surveying and validations
* Commercial, fitout, residential, education and data centre projects
If you don't feel you have enough experience in any of those areas, don't let that stop you from applying! We will offer extensive training and will give you every possible chance to gain experience in all aspects of office-based and site-based engineering work.
With our wide range of projects, you'll be expected to be capable of working effectively both independently and as a member of a large team. You must be able to communicate effectively in technical language, as well as simplifying engineering solutions for coordination with non-technical design team partners and clients - a key aspect of our business mantra.
Very clearly setting this role apart from others, you will be provided with significant client-facing roles & responsibilities providing an accelerated career path for the right person.
The ideal candidate will meet the following competency and software familiarity requirements:
* Bachelors or Masters Degree in mechanical or building services engineering
* 3 to 5 years experience in a consultancy or contracting background
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Capable of producing technical reports and mechanical performance specifications
* Proficient in mechanical load and performance calculations, and the use of calculation software (IES or similar)
* Proficient in the use of AutoCAD (or similar) and experienced in 3D BIM software