Inivos are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the Design Team. This role will be successful in its delivery with attendance to our office in Peterborough.
Do you have what it takes to be one of the Inivos team?
We are looking for people who challenge themselves, to set goals, and go above and beyond what is strictly required of them in their role, to achieve these.
Our people passionately strive for excellence which you will see in their careful attention to detail. We are inquisitive and we like to understand, not just for the sake of more knowledge but to fuel our innovation in new products, services, and solutions for our customers. We call this resourcefulness, and a sense that perfection is only just good enough.
We believe that for you to enjoy success in your work, you must apply energy and focus to the tasks you have to do every day. We like to give you the opportunity to stretch yourself beyond your natural 'comfort zone' in the knowledge that you will be guided by your inner principles to do the right thing by the business, your colleagues and our customers.
These core values are at the heart of what we do and are easier to feel than to talk about. Show us these and we will enjoy having you on the team at Inivos!
What do we do?
At its core, Inivos is a specialist medical technology business developing, manufacturing, and supplying products and services to enable hospitals and healthcare facilities to reduce the risk of infection.
What are we looking for in this position?
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be expected to support growth of the category by providing mechanical design and engineering expertise and support for current product range and new product development program.
What will you do?
* Oversee the mechanical design of new products
* Implementation and testing of existing and new products
* Oversee the product from early stages to full manufacture
* Reactive resolution of any mechanical issues
* Liaise with third party suppliers
* Be involved in cross-functional new product development process
* Proactive improvements to product design
* Project managing design packages for new products
What will you need to have and do?
* Always represent our Core Values: Excellence, Resourceful, Innovation, Understanding and Integrity
* Formal training in mechanical engineering or related discipline - ideally qualified to HNC / HND / degree level
* Practical experience in design & engineering for manufacture and assembly
* Knowledge of UK & European safety standards, ideally global safety standards
* Specification and verification document creation
* Experience of project managing product development from concept to production an advantage
* Strong IT skills, experience with MS Office
* Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
* Able to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
* Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work in, and adapt to, a rapidly changing environment
* Confidentiality in handling sensitive data.
* Knowledge & experience in medical device manufacturing would be beneficial
* Good working knowledge of 3D CAD Systems.
* Formal training in SolidWorks would be an advantage
* Working knowledge of PDM / Vault system for data management would be beneficial
What will you get?
* A competitive salary
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* Commitment to your Personal & Professional Development
* Contributory Pension
Most of all you will be a part of the Inivos Family, who are a team of motivated and inspiring individuals wanting to play their part in changing the industry and making a difference. Inivos is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Ready to apply?
Does this role sound like you? Are you the driven, resourceful type who goes above and beyond to get results? Then apply today