MMP Consultancy are currently recruiting for a M&E Surveyor to work with a local authority based in West London.
This will be a permanent vacancy paying between £47-51k p/a + benefits.
* The Mechanical & Electrical Client Surveyor role is to support the Client Programme Manager in defining both the 5 year investment programme and individual project(s) scope. The team leads the briefing process for all new projects that will be delivered via two Term Partnering Contracts (TPC). The TPC is a new delivery model for my client, moving away from individually-procured projects, to a situation whereby each Partnering Contractor will be responsible for designing and managing delivery of circa £10million per annum of major works refurbishment projects.
* The M&E Client Surveyor will undertake a technically-focused role in ensuring that the Capital Programme delivery team and the partnering contractors are fully briefed as to the expected scope and performance of design works for each individual project.
* The M&E Client Surveyor will act as the day-to-day lead for all technical issues relating to the planning of general building refurbishment projects (internal & external) contained within the capital investment programme. The role will manage projects through RIBA Stages 0 (Strategic Definition) and 1-2 (Preparation & Brief), and monitor and review 'lessons learnt' from completed projects.
* The role will work closely with the M&E Team Leader (Capital Programme Team) and the M&E Manager (Building Maintenance Team) to assess the needs of our stock in relation to the mechanical and electrical systems that are in place and how best to prioritise capital works budget and appropriate programming of these works. The role will involve engaging with and influencing a range of stakeholders, including senior Housing, Planning and Real Estate officers within the Council.
* The role offers the opportunity to effectively work 'client-side', whilst recognising that the Team is also the 'trusted advisor' to the Council with regards to its significant housing portfolio. Which projects the role will engage with is likely to depend on the skills and background of the chosen individual. However, the role offers the potential for in-depth involvement in high profile projects in central London, to a diverse range of property - many of which are listed and / or located within a Conservation Area.
Title: M&E Surveyor
Rate: £47-51k p/a + Benefits.
Location: West London