Job Title: M&E Project Manager - Electrical bias
Department/Group: Retail M&E
Location: Head office / Field Based / Remote working
Reporting To: Retail M&E General Manager
My client, an up and coming tier 2 mechanical and electrical contractor, are currently seeking an Electrically biased M&E Project Manager, to to provide management & direction to Supervisors a team of engineers / specialist sub-contractors.
You will be responsible for ensuring Supervisors, Operatives and Sub Contractors are complaint from a technical perspective from commencement to completion of works, providing support to them as is reasonably required, assisting with the day to day running of the team, creating and hitting daily objectives, as well as being part of running small projects.
There will be opportunity for you to progress your own skills within the role/company.
* Ensure all the team, operatives and specialist sub-contractors are maintaining a high level of Health and Safety.
* Minimise exposure and risk across projects.
* Pursue excellence in all aspects of business.
* Plan and manage the team's departmental activities in accordance with the agreed budgets and timescales and within policies and standards.
* Manage project scope and implementation of change control strategy and escalate where necessary.
* Set Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time bound (SMART) targets for all team members (all based on achieving the company's overall business objectives).
* Manage and set direction for all reporting staff, ensuring regular formal open forums take place with all team members in respect of all aspects of the team's performance against agreed targets.
* Develop relevant personal skills and capability through planning and attending training course, subject to Business approval.
* Undertake Site surveys using Site Audit Pro or similar formats to produce reports and attend meetings with clients on behalf of the company.
* Maintain and develop the corporate image and reputation of the company.
* Develop and maintain systems to established standards relating to all operational activities.
* Engage and manage subcontract resource.
* Manage project deliverables in line with the project plan.
* Organise work groups and team meetings.
* Cross reference scope of works and bill of materials/standard quote templates with original scope of works and quotation and escalate any variances.
* Act as a liaison to the relevant team/department Manager
* Work closely with customer representatives to ensure project is delivering agreed outputs.
* Analyse and review working practices in line with company procedures, representing them in a professional and positive manner
* Time management
* Become familiar with Client Portals, ensure distribution of information therein to Supervisors and Operatives as applicable.This list is not exhaustive.
* Level 3 Electrical Installation Apprentice trained or above. IET Wiring Regulations, Eighteenth Edition, BS 7671:2018 (Electrical Regulations)
* Electrical Inspection and Testing C&G 2391-52 or equivalent.
* NICEIC QS Experience.
* Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Systems C&G 2396 or equivalent.
Advantageous but not Necessary:
* BS 5266 Emergency Lighting
* BS 5839 Fire Alarms
* Access control systems.
* Design Package familiarity with ability to undertake for small works e.g. single circuit cable calculations.
* AutocadLT or similar with ability to undertake for small works e,g, drawing amends, input for very small works.
Please forward your CV and call Ella to apply