Are you a logistics manager with experience of working in busy distribution centres?
Are you an experienced scheduler able to confidently plan and schedule for staffing and also plan and control stocking levels?
As a DC Logistics Manager you will ensure full end to end staff capacity optimization across inbound and outbound operations and optimize stock availabilities.
Staff planning and scheduling responsibilities
• Plan and schedule short term staff capacity based on latest supply and demand forecasts.
• Optimize staff hours across all Inbound and Outbound functions of the DC.
• Closely align with operational Inbound and Outbound departments.
• Manage short term needs to Distribution Centre associate teams, including day to day communication with the agencies.
• Monitor temp agencies to deliver according to plan and ensure manpower.
• Continuously work on improving planning routines, tools and new ways of working.
Stock planning and controlling responsibilities.
• Ensure stock accuracy and addressing of stock discrepancies.
• Ensure and monitor cycle counts, to be conducted by departments.
• Ensure proper recognition of stock and storage type assignment.
• Ensuring optimum allocation of stock across warehouse.
Ability to adapt and overcome challenges in an ever changing environment.
You achieve results beyond expectations in your current position.
Strong knowledge of staff planner and 13WP2/Takt Tracker.
Ability to make business minded decisions that aid the efficiency of the DC processes.
Strong understanding of product flow within an OMNI channel automated DC.
You have very strong analytical and technical (Excel) skills.
Ability to work under pressure in a deadlines orientated environment.
Logistics management experience.
Fully flexible including weekends.
Salary £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.
To apply please contact Kelly at Osborne Appointments or telephone (phone number removed)
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on (phone number removed)
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website