REED Legal are working with an amazing firm based in Banbury which are looking for a Civil and Commercial Litigator with 3-7 PQE.
The firm is a leading regional, multi-disciplined firm, who pride themselves on not just their professionalism, but have grown over 40 years by listening and adapting to the time. They are a progressive firm who have drawn on modern technology to improve the delivery of their service whilst ensuring they always remain accessible and approachable to their clients. The team are incredibly loyal and stable, so would be joining a long standing and supportive team.
The person appointed will:
- Be qualified with a minimum of 3-7 years' post-qualification experience in the field of Civil & Commercial Litigation;
- Be able to demonstrate detailed knowledge and technical expertise in dealing with a mixed Civil & Commercial Litigation caseload, with minimum supervision;
- Experience in ADR is essential;
- Have the ability to manage a small team and delegate as necessary;
- Be able to work independently but also with the other members in the Team;
- Wish to grow and be part of the expansion of the litigation department at Banbury;
- Help evolve a marketing strategy for the Litigation Team, particularly at the Banbury office.
- Demonstrate they have sound competency in Litigation;
- Possess excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for detail;
- Have a commercial and creative mindset;
- Display a proven ability of working to deadlines;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and display the ability to form a good working rapport with clients and third parties;
- Demonstrate good strategic and negotiation skills, together with resourcefulness and exemplary drafting ability;
- Play an integral role in a busy team which deals with a varied and wide range of commercial and civil disputes on behalf of both businesses and individuals;
- Support the team with a case load which includes but is not limited to: property litigation, breach of contract, company/ commercial, construction, insolvency and commercial debt recovery disputes;
- Advise clients on all aspects of Civil & Commercial litigation, including contractual advice and negotiation;
- Understand and apply conflict of interest regulations and rules as necessary, and act with integrity;
- Have good IT skills, preferably with experience on case management systems;
- Have a willingness to create opportunities for relationship building in order to introduce new work into the department;
- Have an ability to generate their own client base;
- Have a proven track record of billing;
Salary and benefits:
- Salary according to experience.
- 25 days annual leave plus normal Bank Holidays.
If this position sounds of interest, please apply, or do not hesitate to contact me on