Do you have experience of working alongside Secondary aged children? Are you looking at utilising the skills you have obtained through your previous experiences?
Reed Education Plymouth are currently recruiting for Learning Support Assistants to work within Secondary Schools in Devon & Cornwall. We have new opportunities arise every week that we share with all our candidates.
Reed have both day-to-day and long-term work available. Previous placements with these schools have opened permanent opportunities for the individuals who have worked in their settings.
A role as a Learning support assistant may include:
- Working up to 5 days as week, term-time only
- Working within either mainstream or SEN schools
- Attending to students' personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and related welfare matters.
- Supervising and supporting students ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- Establish good relationships with students, being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students.
- Prepare classroom as directed by the classroom teacher ready for lessons, clear afterwards and assist with the display of students work.
- Undertake student record keeping
- Support the teacher in managing student behaviour and reporting difficulties as appropriate.
- Gather/report information from and to parents/carers
- Provide clerical/admin support e.g. typing, photocopying, printing, display, collection and recording of money.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please apply and our specialist consultant will be in touch.