23 Days Holiday, Pension, Life Assurance and Company Vehicle
40 Hours Per Week
To succeed in this role you must possess strong leadership and management skills to ensure your subcontractors, supervisors and their operatives, follow company processes, procedures and engage with continuous improvement of the service.
As Lead Electrical Supervisor you will manage all work to ensure that all electrical work is compliant to the latest edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations, The Electricity at Work at 1989, and any other relating British Standards
· Support and empower operatives to make decisions so that they achieve the right work at the right time without using you as their default decision maker following the value and enabling steps which are;
o receive and issue clean information;
o access to the property;
o asking for additional repairs;
o fully diagnosing;
o placing only one order with our materials service;
o trying to complete the repair in one visit; and
o book all required trades and future visits whilst on site to the time and date the tenant requests.
· Manage, measure, and monitor operatives and subcontractors to ensure;
o the correct process is being followed (value and enabling steps as above);
o operatives are able to apply PLAN and are empowered to do so;
· Be the technical expert for associated works, providing efficient and effective solutions where required.
· Able to support, coach and develop a team to improve services provided.
· Be very comfortable to operate in a changing and evolving environment, enjoying the challenge and embracing change with a positive attitude.
· Possess good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels in a professional manner being able to challenge and be challenged.
· Be extremely organised, with good time management skills and able to prioritise activities.
· Proficient in MS Office applications to an intermediate level and comfortable in learning to use new IT systems for job management.
· Be a team player by understanding what it is to be part of a team sharing experiences and learning.
· Proactive in identifying your development needs and doing something to overcome them.
· Be able to self-manage and be self-motivated, prioritising work and have a desire to solve problems and eliminate waste.
· Be comfortable in dealing with all staff to motivate and direct them to assist you in improving the service.
· Technical building knowledge of working methods, practices, regulations and legislation.
· Knowledge of the materials and methods used in the construction and building maintenance industry.
· All aspects of electrical work including domestic, commercial, and industrial
· Technical expertise
· City & Guilds 2360 Part 1 & 2 or NVQ Level 3
· City & Guilds 2391 or equivalent
· IOSH Managing Safely.
· Construction Skills Certificate Scheme accreditation (desirable)
· Have a full driving licence.
· 5 years experience of working in a Building Maintenance environment.
· 2 years experience as a NICEIC Qualified Supervisor
· 2 years experience of working in Social Housing environment working with tenants.
· Exposure to a Maintenance Contract that has used the Systems Thinking Methodology and Principles to deliver the service (desirable).
To discuss this role further or to apply please call Will Collier on (phone number removed) / (phone number removed) or E: (url removed)