Laboratory Technician (Chemistry) c£Competitive (Prorata)
South East ABJ4963
9 month temp contract
A lab technician (laboratory technician) / chemistry technician with experience in sample prep and is urgently required to work with R&D teams to support the business growth working on the development of the next generation of products and growing expertise and capability in new application areas. The team provides technical support to the manufacturing site for product and process enhancement as well as providing a strong technical service to our customers to improve their formula in various applied polymers fields.
* Prepare and test laboratory samples in support of the R&D program to develop products, applications and knowledge
* Exhibit SHE ownership through own behaviours to set adhere to local standards
* To report on safety related issues using available tools and system
* Play a key role in maintaining a clean and safe standard of laboratory house-keeping
* Provide practical technical support to other projects as required
* Keep detailed records of laboratory work; discuss results with supervisor; write occasional reports
* To actively research technical literature to maintain and increase technical knowledge
* Fully proficient in completing tasks or activities associated with the receipt, preparation & physical measurement of samples.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
* Background in Chemistry (at least to A level)
* Must have some commercial experience of working in a laboratory
* Sample Preparation
* Exp in polymers, coatings, adhesives, paper medical gloves or plastics desirable.
* Good chemical hazard awareness
* Polymerisation and application chemist experience
* Strong organisational skills, interpersonal, strong written, and verbal communication skills.
* Proactive in problem-solving and be able to independently manage timelines and priorities.
* Proficiency in the use of MS Office and Excel
* Able to work independently and in fast pace environment
* Strong commitment to HSE and quality values
* Competent user of data analysis packages and word processing software inc. Excel (use of electronic notebook an advantage)
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting AB/J4963 on