This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an Infrastructure Manager who can demonstrate inspirational leadership and the drive to continue our significant digital migration from on-prem infrastructure to cloud-based environments.
You'll actively manage delivery of a range of tactical and strategic initiatives aligned to the client's technology roadmap and ensure the effective delivery of appropriately secure, operationally robust and cost-effective corporate computing and networking services spanning on-prem and cloud infrastructure.
As the Infrastructure Manager you will be a subject matter expert in areas of cloud computing and data centre infrastructure and will work closely with Security and Architecture colleagues in the design and implementation of appropriately secure, robust and cost-effective infrastructural designs and solutions. You will proactively deliver project support & operational management activity alongside more reactive support related activities - all within acceptable cost, quality and time tolerances whilst ensuring that services operate within agreed service levels.
* Demonstrable evidence of modelling leadership behaviours and getting the very best from teams and direct reports by providing clarity, feedback, coaching and development
* Experience of complex problem analysis and resolution in a high-pressure and high-stakes environment
* Demonstrable, expert knowledge and competence in at least three of (with working knowledge of all four):
Mainstream cloud (strong preference for MS Azure) & on-premise infrastructural environments, computing hardware, storage and back up platforms Mainstream operating systems including MS Windows (Desktop and Server), Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and ideally HPUX Server and Desktop Virtualisation Telecoms & Networking, especially Cisco technologies
* Evidence of leadership in major change projects and application of a strategic mindset
* Understanding of programme and project management methodologies
* Computing degree or equivalent level of business computing experience and/or Professional accreditation (BCS etc)
* Relevant vendor accreditations - CCNE etc
2 stage video interview process