Information Systems Solution Architect (Engineering Programmes)
£55-65k + very good bonus & good pension
A Stevenage based European integrated technical and scientific engineering organisation have an opportunity for an Information Systems Solution Architect.
It's a strong business. They have a customer order book stretching for several years, with healthy profits and balance sheet. They're stable with steady controlled growth.
Their Information Systems function needs a solution architect to work directly with the programme teams to bring the right systems and solutions to the ecosystem whilst integrating with the group-wide enterprise level application toolset.
As the lead representative of the IS team within programmes, you will bring your knowledge and experience to successfully facilitate collaborative working within a diverse engineering team.
They're embarking on the next generation of products with a "digital first" aspiration. Digital twins and digital continuity will be part of their future model base engineering, manufacturing and through life support.
You'll be part of a new direction which will see IT professionals embedded within the Engineering Programme to directly support, influence and direct the Digital First approach.
This approach will look at collaborative product development, manufacturing and through life support.
You will have
* A background in Systems Engineering, Software Development, or Information Systems.
* Managerial and leadership skills with ability to analyse & define solutions.
* Experienced the configuration of application tool sets in a "high security" environment.
* Followed internal and external standards.
* Coordinated internal and sub-contract activities internationally
* Technical information technology and information systems knowledge.
* Expertise of developing concepts, scoping enterprise systems & services.
* SQL, DB2, Active Directory, Virtual Machines, WebSphere, Windows & UNIX.
* Knowledge of aerodynamics tools, high performance computing and other modelling approaches and engineering capabilities
* Experience of
* Systems Engineering processes & lifecycle
* Lifecycle of information systems including acquisition and development of new systems.
* IBM's ALM, PTC's PLM and any of connected tools including Rhapsody, Zuken and Creo
* Toolsets e.g. JIRA, CAMEO, MooD.
Benefits of working here
* State of the art technology & innovation
* External learning and development encouraged.
* Light and airy university type campus.
* Generally accepted they have a great restaurant
* Friendly environment!
* On site Medical Centre
* Parking / Easy Access to train station
* Coffee Shops and onsite shop
* Sports & Social Club
* There's more…
Rules onsite require British Citizenship. Dual nationals can apply for this. Base line security will be required.
Due to occasional high volumes of applications, it's difficult to reply to everyone. If we haven't been in touch within a week, then you haven't been successful on this occasion. Thanks for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment