We have made good progress in improving the quality and standards of diabetes care in recent years. Now, our presence and support of those working in diabetes is more important than ever as we strive to ensure people with diabetes receive the quality of care they need to live well for longer. As an Improving Care Manager you will bring a genuine passion for and substantial experience in influencing and campaigning for positive change within local systems. Working closely with the Regional Head, you will play a vital role in working with health systems across the region to support improvements in diabetes care.
Interview: Friday 8th October Package
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract. Main Responsibilities
As Improving Care Manager for the south west, you will play a key role in supporting the development of, and delivery of Better Care plans that support Diabetes UK's outcomes-led strategy. You will consult and work in partnership with local diabetes health systems, collaborating, facilitating and managing change to drive improvements in the delivery of care. You will work with those affected by diabetes, elevating their voices and experiences to help shape how services look locally. You will work to support people to Live Well with diabetes, developing, supporting and delivering activities that enable people to do so. Ideal Candidate
As Improving Care Manager for the south west, you will be used to rolling up your sleeves and working in partnership with complex health systems on the ground to improve care. You will thrive on challenge and find practical steps to take in the face of complexity and uncertainty. You will feel comfortable with being challenged and challenging others and be talented at bringing others with you in a collaborative fashion to make change happen.
You will be passionate about facilitating and enabling the involvement of people with diabetes in our work, working with people from a broad range of age groups, ethnicities, cultures and backgrounds, and you will understand the complexities around this. You will have a good understanding of local political processes and experience of developing local campaign strategies and stakeholder influencing plans.
You will be skilful in managing multiple projects at once, have an ability to see the bigger picture and think strategically alongside an understanding of how to measure and evaluate the impact of our work to ensure it is making a difference.