Hourly Residential Support Worker - Leicester
35 hours per week - Days
Why work for us?
At Horizon, we live up to our values, and we value our people. We are proud to be one of the most innovative providers of young people's residential care and education in the UK. Our success means that we are opening new residential homes and schools and making a difference for young people in a variety of new areas as well as continuing to support young people in our established services.
Our staff come from all backgrounds and often have experience and skills gained in a variety of different roles and environments.
For the position, you must;
* Be willing to work towards a QCF level 3 in Health and Social Care with children and young people's workforce
* hold a full UK driving license
* be over the age of 21
* Must be prepared to work 24-hour shifts (including sleepovers) on a rota basis
Ideally you should have experience of working in residential care, although other relevant experience will be considered.
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure and provide satisfactory references. Disclosure expense will be met by employer.
In return we offer you good rates of pay and the opportunity to develop your career with a growing organisation.
Here are just some of the benefits of working for us:
* Friendly, small passionate teams
* Pleasant, supportive working environments
* Rewarding work helping our young people aged 8-18 reach their potential in their daily lives and through their learning
* Competitive salary including opportunities to earn enhancements and pick up additional hours
* Flexible working patterns
* Highly rated, structured 2-week induction programme including face to face training, online modules, shadow shifts and local induction period
* Career advancement pathways for all roles to help you reach your personal best - whether in our homes, schools or our Key2 transitional services
* Dedicated learning and development programmes including fully funded QCF Level 3 for staff in our homes.
* Face to face therapeutic training and support for all staff
* Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
* Free DBS check and Update Service subscription
* Free eye checks
* Free parking
* Free meals on shift (residential homes only)
* Staff referral scheme with cash rewards - earn up to £500 per referral
* Cashback healthcare plan
* Pension scheme
* Annual Employee Awards Evening and employee recognition schemes