Are you a successful leader of sales teams who focus on working with the professional services sector?
Or, do you have a background working within the professional services market space or consultancy as a senior consultant with sales leadership qualities?
If not, do you have experience selling software designed to help professional services organisations such as accountancy practices, consultancies, and or law firms?
We are working with a leading professional services ERP software business, and we seek a head of sales to be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team.
For this role you must have an extensive history and knowledge of working with or selling into professional services organisations.
You will be responsible to lead and manage a team of Sales Staff (Account Managers / presales / Sales Operations) supporting career development, acting as a coach/mentor to the team and is the escalation point both internally and with the customer as required.
- Lead the team and taking ownership of the development of existing customers, new business and proactive campaigns.
- Develop and implement a strategy which acquires new accounts through demonstrating deep product expertise, maintaining executive level relationships, and positioning the value of to clients across multiple sectors
- Own and deliver the business development targets as agreed for the sector.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the ERP software solution design for the professional services market.
- Ensure the team accurately maintain the CRM platform (Salesforce) with current information on accounts.
- Establish and clearly communicates the direction, vision, and long-term roadmap for the product
- Develop and drive the growth Strategy to deliver long term profitability from a combination of transactional and large strategic propositions.
- Own the existing key customer relationships, be accountable for all services delivered to those customers, retention of those customers including customer satisfaction and incremental business development.
- Scheduling promotional work and tracking sales activities; quoting prices, preparing proposals and providing information regarding terms and delivery, and negotiating contracts.
- Developing Trigger events / proactive sales marketing campaigns
- Coordinate the necessary sales, bid and presales capability together to create a compelling proposition for the customer, and bring the opportunity through the necessary governance processes appropriate for the commercial risk and value.
- Bid management and tender responses
- Represents the organisation externally to stakeholders
- Develop a high performing team and instil a culture of continuous improvement.
- Set and manage the team Pay-Plans to incentivise the team appropriately. Ensure all staff have personal development plans and relevant objectives in place.
Key skills include;
- Ability to motivate and drive teams to over exceed.
- Highly motivated and committed to delivering an excellent customer relationship
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative as well as in project teams.
- Personal integrity that builds trust and confidence in clients and colleagues.
- Confident and personable with strong inter-personal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and compellingly at all levels of an organisation, through a variety of different methods (including verbal, written and presentation).
- Listen, engage, and discuss appropriately (consultative, not afraid to challenge, positive and persuasive without the need to preach).
- Proactive and collaborative approach to working with clients, colleagues, partners & vendors.
- Proactive approach to managing actions and their owners
- Proactive and collaborative approach to working with colleagues and clients
- Self-motivating / self-managing / able to work autonomously
- A fast learner who can understand business issues and identify and articulate solutions
- Able to manage competing priorities for own and team's work activities to deliver against agreed priorities and deadlines, escalating if required
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Demonstrable track record of successfully achieving targets.
- Ability to prioritise to achieve targets.
- Ability to step in and command control over a customer issue, business development opportunity or rebid as needed
We look forward to hearing from you.