We have an exciting opportunity for a Handyman on behalf of our client Gov Facility Services at HMP Channings Wood - Devon.
The environment can be a challenging but rewarding one.
As part of this role your duties will include but won't be limited to:
- Complete PPM/reactive works and make sure they are carried out in a timely fashion
- Lamp changing with the use steps/ladders
- Assist in the Fire Alarm Testing
- Replace ceiling tiles to the grid systems
- Temporary repairs to floor covering
- Be involved in moving furniture as part of the life cycle works
- Assist with blocked toilets/drains, changing of toilet seats, weekly water flushing etc
You will require to have the following attributes:
- Good carpentry skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience with working alongside Mechanical, Electrical & Fabric Engineers
- Flexible with working hours
- If you have Locksmith skills this would be extremely useful.
To be able to work with our client, you must be able to pass the standard security vetting process for the establishment. This will include a criminal records check (Standard DBS). An offer to start in the position will be dependent on all security checks being passed. If you meet the above criteria and want to be considered for this opportunity, please send your CV via the link provided. Shortlisting will commence with immediate effect.
About Our Client:
Gov Facilities Services Ltd provide Facilities Management Services, such as cleaning, reactive maintenance, landscaping and planned building repair work to 52 Prison Establishments across Greater London, Kent & Sussex, South West and the East of England