Here at TPA we are very excited to be able offer the position of Graduate Test Engineer
Purpose of the Job:
Directly support in the development of our products technology through the execution of test plans for verification, validation and development testing. Ensure auditable data is produced in line with company quality processes. Maintain and, where appropriate, modify test equipment in conjunction with the Test Capability Team. Work closely with the Test Strategy Team and project teams to understand test objectives and ensure tests are conducted rigorously and safely to schedule.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineering or science graduate with a passion for clean energy to join a high performing, fast paced and expanding Test Team. We are a world-leader in our technology with the aim of playing a central role in the global transition to clean, affordable energy to help tackle climate change and air pollution. As a Graduate Test Engineer, we will develop you to become an expert in the testing of our products and electrolysers using a wide range of high-tech test equipment. You will directly support the development of our products technology through the execution of test plans for verification, validation, and development testing. The role will require you to work closely with all areas of the business. If this excites you and you are naturally inquisitive and an able communicator, this could be the perfect role for you.
Recruitment Brief - Key Responsibilities:
* Execute test plans for our products technologies.
* Prepare test stands and platforms for testing.
* Installation of test pieces on test stands.
* Ensure auditable data is produced in line with company quality processes.
* Review and analyse test data.
* Produce test reports and present findings and recommendations.
* Provide accurate timely updates to test management.
* Fault finding, issue investigation and improvement projects.
* Create work instructions, standard operating procedures, and risk assessments.
* Support the Test Capability team with the design and development of test stands.
* Support the Test Strategy team with the development of test plans.
* Interface and communicate with internal and external customers and suppliers.
Person Specification/Core Competencies:
This section describes the personal characteristics and behaviours that you will be required to demonstrate and fulfil to successfully deliver in the above role.
Career Experience - this section highlights the experience previously gained through undertaking and delivering various projects, key duties, achievements, and knowledge.
* Knowledge of heat transfer, control systems, electronics, and instrumentations
* Knowledge of chemical and thermodynamic processes
Education, Training & Skills - Degree, A Levels and professional qualifications including subjects' studies.
* BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng level in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or similar.
Strength, Talents, Abilities & Aptitudes - this section highlights the desired attributes that you will require to successfully deliver in this role.
* Ability to visualise and summarise data, perform basic sense checking, identify inconsistencies and perform basic thermodynamic calculations, e.g. efficiency, simple heat balances.
* Ability to read and produce technical documents including mechanical drawings, electrical schematics and P&IDs.
* Sound report writing skills and the ability to communicate results and deliver presentations to colleagues and management.
* Grasp new concepts quickly and develop a good working knowledge of our products and their operation.
* Delivery-focused and highly motivated, capable of handling multiple priorities and working alone as well as part of a high-performing team.
* Ability to plan and manage work packages.
* Ability to produce risk assessments and other similar safety tools, e.g., HAZID, HAZOP and FMEA.
This role will be required to work flexible hours which may include occasional weekends.
To hear more about this excellent company and opportunity, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss in more detail