Magisters Education are working with an 'Outstanding' Ofsted rated Primary School in the Southwark area who are looking for a recent graduate to join as a Learning Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant for September 2021!
The school are a Outstanding Ofsted school located in the Southwark area. The school are a 3 form entry school that are a leader for learning outcomes in the area. The school offer a friendly and supportive work environment where you will feel welcome immediately and be offered continuous training and development as you work throughout the year. The school offer a range of benefits to staff such as free lunches, training and development and often have exciting trips and days out for students that you will be part of. The school are located close to a tube station and have easy access by bus also.
This role will see you supporting a small group of child with Special Educational Needs (SEN) such as ADHD and Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD) you will need excellent communication skills, patience, and a desire to help the children you work with to build their confidence and achieve their full potential at school. The children you will be working with will all be in Year 1 and year 2. You will assist with their reading, phonics and will work closely with their teacher to ensure their learning is tailored to their needs. You do not need prior experience as this role is targeted at recent graduates and you will receive onsite training, so you can confidently support the needs of the child you are supporting. You will support their learning in class, support them throughout the day, give them support both emotionally and academically, and help them to develop their confidence and overcome challenges within school.
* At least a 2:1 grade within your degree
* You will have graduated within the last 2 years of have prior experience in this role
* You will be willing to undergo safeguarding training and will be willing to research safeguarding young people if you have not had prior training
* You will be able to commit to at least 1 academic year (September to July) working with the child and supporting their learning
* You will be a friendly, patient, and supportive graduate with a passion for supporting young people
Why should you apply today?
* Industry leading pay rates!
* Great opportunity to begin a career within education and be part of a rewarding job role
* You do not require previous experience as a TA/LSA to be considered for these roles
* Some schools can support you to train as a teacher in house, which saves you studying if this is your career ambition
* You can help the children you work with to reach their full potential
* Short interview process usually only lasting 15 minutes with only 1 interview to attend
* Guided support throughout the interview process with a specialised consultant assigned to each school
* Support throughout the interview process with tips and guidance to help you maximise your chances of securing a role