Magisters Education are working with a 'Good' Ofsted rated Primary School in the Redbridge area who are looking for a recent graduate to join as a Learning Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant for September 2021!
The school are a Good Ofsted school located in the Redbridge area. The school are a large 4 form entry school that are part of a larger school trust. The school have a structured TA training scheme to help support their teaching assistants and also a leading teacher training programme. The school aim to develop all their staff in house and offer excellent career development. The school are located close to a range of buses and have onsite parking if you drive.
This role will see you supporting a child with Special Educational Needs (SEN) who is on the Autistic Spectrum (ASD), you will need excellent communication skills, patience, and a desire to help the children you work with to build their confidence and achieve their full potential at school. The child you will be working with is in Year 1 and you will help them in class so that they are able to achieve their full potential. You will assist with their reading, phonics and will work closely with their teacher to ensure their learning is tailored to their needs. You do not need prior experience as this role is targeted at recent graduates and you will receive onsite training, so you can confidently support the needs of the child you are supporting. You will support their learning in class, support them throughout the day, give them support both emotionally and academically, and help them to develop their confidence and overcome challenges within school.
* At least a 2:1 grade within your degree
* You will have graduated within the last 2 years of have prior experience in this role
* You will be willing to undergo safeguarding training and will be willing to research safeguarding young people if you have not had prior training
* You will be able to commit to at least 1 academic year (September to July) working with the child and supporting their learning
* You will be a friendly, patient, and supportive graduate with a passion for supporting young people
Why should you apply today?
* Industry leading pay rates!
* Great opportunity to begin a career within education and be part of a rewarding job role
* You do not require previous experience as a TA/LSA to be considered for these roles
* Some schools can support you to train as a teacher in house, which saves you studying if this is your career ambition
* You can help the children you work with to reach their full potential
* Short interview process usually only lasting 15 minutes with only 1 interview to attend
* Guided support throughout the interview process with a specialised consultant assigned to each school
* Support throughout the interview process with tips and guidance to help you maximise your chances of securing a role