We have an exciting opportunity for a Funded Project Coordinator to join our team working home based with regular travel. You will join us on a full-time permanent basis and in return, we will offer you a competitive salary of £33,594 per annum.
The Scouts are embarking on transforming their Volunteer Journey to make volunteering with us even more attractive, accessible, flexible, and enjoyable. For our 160,000 volunteers, a crucial part of their volunteer experience is the training we offer to ensure they feel confident and are equipped to undertake their role.
We want to develop a learning culture where training is simple but effective and delivers the skills and knowledge that our volunteers need when they need it, whether they work directly with our young people delivering skills for life or carry out a supporter, manager or governance role. There is a wide range of learning needs to be met and we want to enable our volunteers to manage their own learning journey and access their training in a modern and flexible way that enables them to fit it into their lives alongside their volunteering and other commitments.
The Funded Project Coordinator Role:
The purpose of this role is to manage, support and co-ordinate Growth and Development staff to deliver their identified objectives and targets. Working in partnership with Regional, County and District Commissioners, Project Steering Groups and funders, ensure delivery against agreed objectives and KPIs. Working collaboratively with volunteers and our strategic funding team to scope, identify and secure funding for new projects.
What will you be doing in the Funded Project Coordinator role?
- Work in partnership with the relevant Area Growth & Development Manager to ensure the effective and efficient co-ordination of growth projects/initiatives
- Responsible for the management and collaboration across the Counties and funders to ensure the successful delivery of all aspects of the projects, supporting the development staff to translate project plans into effective and high impact delivery with measurable outputs and outcomes
- Ensure each direct report performs and delivers on their agreed aims, objectives and targets, monitoring and evaluating their performance and delivery of results
- Lead Project Steering Groups in planning, monitoring and evaluating projects
- Ensuring that each project has a fit-for-purpose project plan which will enable efficient delivery and successful impact monitoring
What we are looking for in our Funded Project Coordinator:
- Experience of working with volunteer groups outside Scouting
- Exceptional delivery and project management skills in a similar role, with experience of managing multiple projects concurrently, including report writing and adhering to reporting deadlines
- Experience of community development and a proven track record of bringing the seldom heard voice into the decision-making process
- Competent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and competent in using digital technology to support delivery: Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Eventbrite
- An understanding of most, if not all of the following issues: growth, rural communities, urban communities, deprived communities, minority ethnic communities, schools, local authority youth and community service, partnership projects
- Hold a full driving licence and have access to a car for work purposes
- Live in a geographical location to enable effective liaison with volunteers
- Able and willing to work regular evenings and weekends, with some nights away and travel
What we can offer you as our Funded Project Coordinator:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years' service and 32 days after 5 years' service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
Closing date: Wednesday 21st July :59
Don't miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click 'Apply' now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies