Hoist Finance is looking for a driven, Financial Controller who will be responsible for UK Financial Control and Reporting teams, covering all aspects of finance however critical to the delivery of accurate and timely reporting, managing and overseeing the controls that are in place.
Hoist Finance is a leading debt restructuring partner to international banks. Our business also naturally includes debt collection through which we recover the outstanding debt we have acquired from the banks. Our aim is to support our customers in becoming debt-free, contributing to a society where individuals are given the opportunity to repay their debts in a dignified and sustainable manner when their lives have taken an unexpected turn for the worse. At the same time, we free up resources and reduce risk for our partners, paving the way to develop a functional financial system where it is possible for an individual to borrow funds for that extra something in life.
Our employees are skilled professionals, driven by the desire to make a difference for others through their achievements. CSR - taking responsibility for the ethical treatment of all our stakeholders and the world in which we work - is part of everything we strive for, from our business model and amicable settlements, to personnel training and green offices.
If you want your work to make a difference, then maybe Hoist Finance is the place for you.
* Responsible for the delivery of month-end and year-end financial reporting and KPI's of all six UK entities to tight deadlines with key commentary and variance analysis at both an entity and consolidated level.
* Lead and manage the Financial Control and Reporting team (4 staff). This includes regular 1 to 1's, the monthly team meeting, the weekly priorities meeting and engagement of the team.
* Responsible for the financial control framework with documented procedures, systems and controls. This includes responsibility for finance systems, periodic reviews of balance sheet reconciliations (minimum quarterly), etc..
* Responsible for the Finance function's compliance and adherence to relevant rules, regulations and governance such as GDPR, FCA, IFRS accounting standards and internal compliance requirements.
* Responsible for the oversight and adherence of the Finance Shared Service Centre to SLA's.
* Oversee all the preparation of the UK statutory company accounts; manage the external audit process and fulfil all taxation requirements (e.g. Corporation tax, VAT).
* Responsible for delivering successful change across the finance processes and systems.
Desired skills and experience
* Qualified Accountant
* Minimum 6/7 years post qualification experience
* Experience working in a group organisational structure
* Experience working in a regulated industry
Is Hoist Finance your next employer?
We offer you a fast-paced working environment in modern offices. Working with smart, engaged colleagues driven by strong business ethics, you will play an important role at Hoist Finance, and have the opportunity to develop your career as the company continues to grow.
We have had a revenue growth exceeding 30% over the past five years, a strong trend supported by the banks' continuing trust in our services. Today Hoist Finance is represented in eleven European countries, with plans to expand into new countries and new asset classes. Hoist Finance is listed on Nasdaq in the Nordic Mid Cap segment.
If you are excited about what you've read, please send a personal letter along with your CV to our recruitment team. Interviews will be conducted continuously. All candidates must already be eligible to work in the UK.
As part of the recruitment process a background check will be run on each of the successful candidates